|Ask the Experts|
|Tec a Good Look ...|
|Can you help?|
|Flora and Fauna|
|Places to Visit|
|‘How Music Came To The World’|
|The Story of the Fifth Aztec Sun|
|The New Fire Ceremony|
|The Origin of People|
|The Discovery of Corn|
|Tlaloc’s Great Journey|
|Heart of Jade|
|Creation of the Moon|
|‘The Legend of the Bat’ 1: the video|
|‘The Legend of the Bat’ 2: the history|
‘Stories from the Americas’
Virginia Cano is a Mexican story-teller based in Scotland; she has adapted and put online several stories with ancient Mexican themes
• For the legend of vanilla, follow the link on our Aztec Links (Teachers and Older Students) page (though Virginia Cano has a gentler version...!)
• For 3 Aztec myths, re-written for children as part of the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute resource bank (USA) by Lorna Dils, follow the same link and look for ‘Aztec Mythology’
• For a modern Nahua story of the Day of the Dead, go straight to our Resources section and click on ‘Ideas for the DAY OF THE DEAD...’
on Aztec animal companion spirits - nahuales
music came to the world...
the birth of the 5th Aztec Sun...
the end of the world...
of the origin of people...
- and the role of brave little ants!
Read about Tlaloc’s journey to Mexico City.
The classic legend of the two volcanoes
What wears a tight blouse?
- a creature with ancient associations...